Having a child on the spectrum can get expensive! These are some resources for grants:

First In Families of North Carolina: Orange, Person, and Chatham counties are served by the Central Carolinas chapter.  Individuals with developmental disabilities and their families are eligible to apply for one grant per 12 month period. FIF grants are a bit unique, as they take a broader view of what constitutes medically / therapeutically necessary products or services than other grant sources do (however daily living expenses like assistance with rent or utilities are not eligible for grants). The goal of FIF is to help "people with disabilities and their families to believe in their dreams, achieve their goals and give back to others". In addition to grants, they have informational sessions, give information on estate planning, have a time bank, and encourage volunteerism.

     Tracy Barbee
     Resource Navigator/Chapter Director, Central Carolina FIF or (919) 724-3423
     Fax:  919-400-4846

Easter Seals UCP of North Carolina and Virginia: Contact the Raleigh office at (800) 662-7119 for a grant application. They fund therapeutic equipment. Easter Seals requests that applicants first apply for aid to places like First in Families.

Jean Wolff-Rossi Fund for Participant Involvement: They give grants to help individuals with developmental delays or intellectual impairment (or their families) attend conferences or seminars. They can fund registration fees, hotel, lodging, child care, and personal assistance.

ACT Today! Grant Program: Okay, this is not a local grant, but national grants are good too! They fund grant requests for autism treatments such as ABA, speech therapy, occupational therapy, social skills, and medications. They can also fund occupational therapy equipment, fencing for the home, and similar requests.

All content © 2021 by Chapel Hill Autism Resources and Tools (C.H.A.R.T.)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.